What if something changes after I've been approved for the certificate?
Certain pieces of information provided during your initial application may to change during the certificate's lifetime. Some of these things can be updated immediately, while others will have to wait for the renewal process. Some changes will require you submit a new application.
A few examples of changes:
You may access your account at any time by logging in here with your certificate.
- My mailing address has changed.
- You can update the mailing address on your account at any time by logging into the Certificate Management Center.
- In the section titled 'Manage Your Account Information', select 'View/Update Account Information'.
- Make the needed changes and select 'Finish'.
- My headquarters address has changed, or my company's name has changed.
- Unfortunately, you are unable to make changes regarding your organization name and/or address.
- A new application will have to be submitted with the new organization information.
- If you use the certificate to gain access to a federal or state agency, you may have to re-register with the new company information prior to being able to use the new certificate. Please contact the appropriate agency for further clarification.
- My email address has changed.
- You will have the option to change the email address associated with your certificate during the renewal process. It cannot be changed prior to a renewal.
- My name has changed.
- You will be asked to confirm your name during the renewal process, at which time you can update to your current legal name.
- You may be asked to send in proof of the name change if our Registration Department is unable to verify it.
- Marriage Certificate
- Divorce Decree (1st, last and page showing the name change)
- Other court-issued documentation
- If you require a certificate with your new name, you will need to purchase a new certificate.
|Article number: G2507
Last Modified: June 14, 2016
FEDERAL AGENCY PROGRAMS
STATE AGENCY PROGRAMS