In the electronic project or plan review process, it is crucial that a design and or engineer professional be able to prove their identity and the integrity of documentation that they submit. In the City of Miami Beach, this is done by utilizing PKI based digital signatures for signing and sealing electronically produced projects, plan sets and other documents requirement professional signature.
Laws & Rules set by the Florida Board of Professional Engineers, Architects, and Surveyor's in Florida Statutes 471 and as implemented in Florida Administrative Code 61G15-23 allow the use digital signature for signing and sealing documents that are delivered electronically. The digital signature will include a Certificate Authority and the new additional two sentences added by FBPE.
The City of Miami Beach recognizes the need for our customers to conduct business electronically. IdenTrust Services, LLC will provide persons and entities that may need to electronically sign and seal plans, projects, and other documents with a secured IdenTrust Global Common (IGC) digital certificates. The digital certificates will be managed and controlled by IdenTrust Services. IdenTrust Services, LLC will supply Certification Authority (CA) service to entities and citizens desiring to interface with the City of Miami Beach in a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
For a listing of which documents must be submitted in this fashion, please refer to list of documents that require digital signatures via the City of Miami Beach Electronic Plan Review Information web page.
- IdenTrust digital certificates are NIST Level 3 assurance for verifying your identity.
- IdenTrust digital certificates can support images of signatures or seals and instructions are included in the IdenTrust How Do I library
- IdenTrust digital certificates can be applied using PDF software (purchased separately).
Choosing Your Certificate
- For your convenience, IGC | Medium Assurance | Business Identity and IGC | Medium Assurance | Individual Identity certificates can be purchased with or without a storage device (Smart card or USB token) according to your preference.
- Require that the applicant provide proof of identity and proof of organization affiliation.
Simply select BUY NOW and the IdenTrust Certificate Selection Wizard will assist you in choosing a certificate that is accepted by the Electronic Plans Review System and will also meet your business needs.
For a list of permit types that may be submitted online please visit: Miami Beach Online Permits