In the electronic plan review process, it is crucial that a design and or engineer professional be able to prove their identity and the integrity of documentation that they submit. In the City of Miami, this is done by utilizing PKI based digital signatures for signing and sealing electronically produced plan sets and other documents requirement professional signature.
Laws & Rules set by the Florida Board of Professional Engineers, Architects, and Surveyor's in Florida Statutes 471 and as implemented in Florida Administrative Code 61G15-23 allow the use of digital signatures to digitally sign and seal documents that are delivered electronically. The digital signature will include a Certificate Authority and the new additional two sentences added by FBPE.
The City of Miami recognizes the need for our customers to conduct business electronically. IdenTrust Services, LLC will provide persons and entities that may need to electronically sign and seal plans and other documents with a secured IdenTrust Global Common (IGC) digital certificates. The digital certificates will be managed and controlled by IdenTrust Services. IdenTrust Services, LLC will supply Certification Authority (CA) service to entities and citizens desiring to interface with the City of Miami in a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
For a listing of which documents must be submitted in this fashion, please refer to list of documents that require digital signatures via the City of Miami Electronic Plan Review Information web page.
- IdenTrust digital certificates are NIST Level 3 assurance for verifying your identity.
- IdenTrust digital certificates can support images of signatures or seals and instructions are included in the IdenTrust How Do I library
- IdenTrust digital certificates can be applied using PDF software (purchased separately).
Choosing Your Certificate
- Available to affiliated individuals (issued to a person who is affiliated with a specific organization).
- Require that the applicant provide proof of identity and proof of organization affiliation.
- For your convenience, IGC | Medium Assurance | Business Identity certificates can be purchased with or without a storage device (Smart card or USB token) according to your preference.
Simply select BUY NOW and the IdenTrust Certificate Selection Wizard will assist you in choosing a certificate that is accepted by the Electronic Plans Review System and will also meet your business needs.
Learn more about IGC Certificates:
View the City of Miami PDF Documents to be Signed and Sealed by Work Types
If purchasing a large volume of certificates for your company, please contact [email protected] as further discounts may apply.
Please note: ONLY THE SUBSCRIBER OF THE CERTIFICATE SHOULD HAVE EXCLUSIVE USE - THE DIGITAL CERTIFICATE IS YOUR FORM OF IDENTIFICATION, SIMILAR TO YOUR PASSPORT OR DRIVERS LICENSE. Under the Certificate Policies governing the issuance and use of certificates offered by IdenTrust, it is our responsibility as an Authorized Certification Authority to revoke the certificate in a case of loss or disclosure of the private key (Password) to anyone other than the subscriber.