To retrieve your server certificate, you will need to do the following for each certificate in the chain:
- Go the URL specified in the letter you received after approval of your certificate application. This URL is a “Certificate Issuance” page.
- Enter the activation code provide in the letter in the “Activation Code” field.
- Enter the “Passphrase” you specified when you applied for the certificate in the “Your Passphrase” field. Then click “Retrieve”. A selection appears.
- Click the link for the type of server you will be using with your certificate. The “Certificate Retrieval Instructions” appear.
- Print the instructions by clicking the “Print” button in your browser’s toolbar. Use these instructions as a reference while retrieving and installing your certificate.
- Click the link for a “Certificate”.
Please Note: Dependent on the type of server you selected, you may see multiple certificate links. If you see more than one link, repeat Steps 6 through 9 for each link.
- Find the section that starts with the header text “ - - - BEGIN NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST - - -” and ends with the footer text “- - - END NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST - - -”. This is the actual certificate.
- Highlight this entire section including the header and footer. Then paste it into a new text file. Make sure to include all of the hyphens at the beginning and end.
- Name and save the text file. You will use this file when you install the certificate on your web server.
You have successfully retrieved your server certificates. Follow the remaining instructions on the retrieval page to install the certificates to your web server.