To generate a certificate signing request (CSR) and key in Lotus Domino Go, please follow these step-by-step instructions:
- cd to the “Directory/Bin”.
- Start the “MKKF” utility by typing mkkf at the command prompt. The system displays a menu page.
- Select N to create a new key ring file; the default file name is “keyfile.kyr”
- Select W to work with keys and certificates.
- Select C to create a new key and certificate request. When prompted, type a password. Warning: If you lose the password, you must purchase another certificate.
- Select P to choose PKCS#10 certificate request format at the next menu.
- Select M to modify the certificate request fields at the next menu.
Note: The following characters cannot be accepted: < > ~ ! @ # % ^ * / \ ( ) ?
Distinguished Name Field Explanation Example Key Size Bit length—determines key length 1024 Server Name or Fully Qualified TCP/IP Domain Name The fully qualified domain name for your web server. This must be an exact match. If you intend to secure the URL https://www.identrust.com/, then your CSR's server name must be www.identrust.com Organization Name The exact legal name of your organization. Do not abbreviate your organization name. IdenTrust Inc. Organization Unit Section of the organization Marketing City or Locality The city where your organization is legally located. Salt Lake City State or Province Name The state or province where your organization is legally located. Do not abbreviate the state or province name. Utah Zip or Postal Code The postal code where your organization is legally located. 55555 Country Name The two-letter ISO abbreviation for your country. US = United States
- Select R to create the key and certificate request after specifying all fields.
- After the key and certificate request are created, select X to exit from the “MKKF” utility. Save the changes to the key ring file.
- Send the entire certificate request to IdenTrust, including - - - BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST - - - and - - - END CERTIFICATE REQUEST - - -