Please note that Mozilla Firefox is no longer supported for retrieval of digital certificates; however, you may use the browser once you have enabled FIPS. To enable FIPS, follow the below instructions:
- Go to: Options > Security > Logins > Master Password.
- Enter and confirm the “Password”.
- Next, go to: Options > Advanced > Certificates > Security Devices > Enable FIPS.
Your browser is now FIPS-enabled. To export/back-up the digital certificate, follow the below instructions:
- Click the “Tools” menu at the top of Firefox.
- Click “Options”. Depending on your version of Firefox, you will either have icons on the left side or on the top of the “Options” window.
- Click the “Advanced” icon.
- Open the “Certificate Manager” window.
- If your icons are on the top of the “Options” window, click the “Security” tab. Then click “View Certificates”.
- If your icons are on the left side, look for “Certificates” in the main part of the “Options” window. Under the “Certificates” heading, click “Manage Certificates”.
- Select the certificate that you want to export. Then click the “Back-Up” button.
- Choose the location to save the certificate file being created, give it a name and then click “Save”.
- If prompted, enter the master password for the “Software Security Device” and click “OK”.
- Create and confirm a back-up password to protect the file being created. Then click “OK”
- You should see an “Alert” saying “Successfully backed up your security certificate(s) and private key(s)”.