To support the Code of Virginia, the Secretary of the Commonwealth has launched an initiative to enable enotarizations in the Commonwealth of Virginia. In order for an existing Notary to become an eNotary, the notary must acquire a digital certificate to use for digital signing and to register with the State of Virginia’s Secretary’s office. IdenTrust Services, LLC provides commissioned Virginia Notary Publics with digital certificates that meet the standards for the signature.
Be sure to pay particular attention to the format in which you should supply your full name so that it matches your notary commission.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your digital certificate (digital signature) application is completed using the exact name listed on your notary commission.
Choosing Your Certificate
- Certificates available are IGC Notaries | Basic Assurance | Individual Identity | Software Storage and IGC Notaries | Medium Assurance | Business Identity | Software Storage.
- Require that the applicant provide proof of identity and in the case of the affiliated certificate, proof of organization affiliation.
Simply select BUY NOW and the IdenTrust Certificate Selection Wizard will assist you in choosing a certificate that is accepted by the State of Virginia eNotary program.
Learn more about IGC Certificates
- IGC Notaries | Basic Assurance | Individual Identity | Software Storage
- IGC Notaries | Medium Assurance | Business Identity | Software Storage
Learn more about eNotary
- How Do I Articles
- Using Digital Seals
- Electronic versus Digital Signing
- Accepting Digital Signatures Created with IdenTrust IGC Certificates
- Creating a Custom Signature Appearance in Adobe® Reader 9
- Creating and Digitally Signing an Adobe® PDF Document
- How to Digitally Sign a Microsoft® Word Document
State of Virginia Secretary’s office: https://commonwealth.virginia.gov/official-documents/notary-commissions/
Register with the Secretary’s office by using the following online process Electronic Enabled Notary Application.
If purchasing a large volume of certificates for your company, please contact [email protected] as further discounts may apply.
Please note: ONLY THE SUBSCRIBER OF THE CERTIFICATE SHOULD HAVE EXCLUSIVE USE - THE DIGITAL CERTIFICATE IS YOUR FORM OF IDENTIFICATION, SIMILAR TO YOUR PASSPORT OR DRIVERS LICENSE. Under the Certificate Policies governing the issuance and use of certificates offered by IdenTrust, it is our responsibility as an Authorized Certification Authority to revoke the certificate in a case of loss or disclosure of the private key (Password) to anyone other than the subscriber.