How do i get a SHA256 certificate?
When replacing your SHA1 SSL certificate you should consider the following:
- Your previous certificate will automatically be revoked and a new certificate will take its place
- You will need to generate a new Certificate Signing Request ("CSR"). Prepare the CSR prior to entering the replacement process
- Your replacement certificate will have the same expiration date as the previous certificate
To replace an IdenTrust SSL certificate use the following steps
- Generate a new cryptographic key pair or Certificate Signing Request ("CSR").
- Obtain a replacement SSL certificate:
- With your Account Number and Account Password ready visit the IdenTrust Certificate Management Center ("CMC") here and log in.
- In the section "Manage My Certificates" from the dropdown "For my certificate I would like to" select "Replace" and click continue.
- The page will generate a new Activation code, record this number and put in your Account Password.
- During the retrieval you will be asked to enter the CSR you have generated from your server.
- You will then be asked to select your server type so that the correct file type is generated.
- Follow the screen prompts to download your file.
- Once you are shown the "finish" button, close your browser.