Create an RSA key:
Create a CSR with the created key:
- Type: keytool -genkey -alias <myAlias> -keyalg rsa
Note: choose an alias name to use in place of <myAlias>
- Enter a keystore password. This password will be used every time the keystore is accessed.
This password will be used to create the CSR, and later to install the server certificate.
Warning: do not lose this password. It is important to keep.
- Additional information will then be asked. The answers here are unimportant, and any information
- Enter a key password. As it indicates, this can be the same as the keystore password.
- Type: keytool -certreq -alias <myAlias>
Note: <myAlias> is the same as what was used previously when creating the key.
- When prompted, put in the keystore password. If you chose a different password for
the private key, it will ask for that also.
- The CSR text will be outputted to the screen.
The outputted CSR text is the information we will require
you to provide during the online application for the server certificate.